Development of Process Procedure
One of the main trends of scientific activity of OJS “VNIIUS” is the development of process procedures (basic design) for design of plants for oil and gas preparation, gas desulfurization, oil and petroleum product treatment for hydrogen sulfide and mercaptans and liquefied hydrocarbon gas treatment for hydrogen sulfide, carbonyl sulfide and mercaptans.
Process procedure, basic design or basic engineering design is an official document which is a basis for design of plants by engineering companies.
Process procedure may be shortened or extended according to Customer’s requirement. The cost of process procedure depends on its volume and is approximately 0.8÷2.2 MM roubles. Time of process procedure development is 1.5÷2.5 months.
Supplement: Standard composition of process procedure.
- General information about technology
- Engineering level, patentability and patent purity of the process
- Technical characteristic of feedstock, products, main and auxiliary materials
- Technical characteristic of wastes and effluents
- Process technology
- Process conditions
- Consumption norms of main and auxiliary materials
- Material and thermal balance of the process
- Physical and chemical principles of the process
- Calculation of major process vessels
- Physical and chemical properties of substances and mixtures
- Recommendations on construction and metallurgy of major process vessels
- Process control and monitoring
- Analytic control of technologic process and environmental hazard factors and parameters.
- Automated control of process parameters
- Safety engineering, industrial sanitation and fire prevention
- Environment protection
- Main recommendations on startup and shutdown of the plant
- Information sources recommended for design